Recipes - Savory Entrees
Home > Recipes > Savory Entrees
- Frittata Roll with PancettaWe almost called this the "Cambridge Roll" in honor of first guests to whom we served it. He had driven 13-plus hours from Massachusetts just to spend one night at Adventure Inn with his long-time love, who runs a family business in Michigan.
Prep Time: About 15 minutes - Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Herbed Popovers with Buttered EggsThis is always a great "go to" recipe, different yet easy.
Prep Time: 15 min - Cook Time: 30 min
- "Hobbit" Eggs with Spinach and Paprika"Shirred eggs" are any egg that is cooked in a flat-bottomed dish.
This Albion Heritage Bed and Breakfast recipe is gluten-free.
- Miner's BreakfastFrom Presque Isle Lodge
- Meat-Potato QuicheGuests that stayed at Pentwater Abbey 20-25 years ago gave me one of their family cookbooks that has this recipe in it.
Prep Time: 30-45 minutes - Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Kalamazoo House Crustless Spinach-Feta QuicheThis lovely quiche is one of the recipes most-often requested at the Kalamazoo House. We make it in individual boat-shaped ramekins, but it can easily be done in any pie plate that you might usually use for a big, round quiche. Besides being delicious, this quiche is gluten-free, lactose-free, and meat-free, so it's enjoyed by many guests on special diets.
Cook Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- Chef Rose's Rolled OmeletA traditional Bay View Bed and Breakfast favorite.
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Cheesy Potato Oven OmeletteThis recipe is courtest of Linda Darraow, who with her husband Jon turned Saravilla into a B&B and operated it for 24 years. She comments: "One of the first recipes I found when we opened Saravilla as a B&B in 1991, and I have used it regularly ever since. Everyone always likes it. I really like that it uses potatoes instead of bread. It is easy to prepare and should be prepared at least the evening before. It can be divided up into various size dishes to serve smaller or
larger groups. It can be prepared without meat for vegetarians. It reheats very well. Leftovers freeze well Can be served buffet-style or cut into individual plated servings."
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: Bakes for one hour at 375 degrees
- Bacon, Egg & Cheese Breakfast StrataThis strata contains breakfast meats, cheese, eggs and bread to make a delicious meal as well as a beautiful presentation.
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Wild Rice CroquettesVitosha Guest Haus Inn has a cook who uses no recipes, but innkeeper Kei J. Constantinov recreates a recipe for a dish that could be a vegetarian breakfast entree or could be served for lunch or dinner.
- Zucchini QuicheMy British mother served this dish to me and my sisters for our afternoon teas. I fondly make this dish for my guests with all the good memories it comes with.
Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
- Individual StrataThis is a very versatile dish in which you may use any meat or vegetables you wish. This works well for one to three or more people who may be eating at different times. This often happens with our corporate guests at The Adrounie House.
Prep Time: 10 minutes - Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Cheri's Egg Strata-Quick & EasyWith this recipe you can sleep late and still be "Queen of Everything" in the kitchen. I have been tweeking this recipe at Prairieside Suites Luxury B&B since we opened in 2002. Our guest love it and our family still requests it for Christmas morning. It's the perfect Holiday breakfast because you can make it the day before and it'll hold in the refrigerator overnight. Or you can make and store it unbaked in the freezer until you need it. What could be easier?
Prep Time: 30 minutes - Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prairieside Suites Oven Omelet’sLets start with...I LOVE omelets and I like to make them but it's hard to make and serve any more than 4 HOT omelets at the same time. So I started playing with the idea of creating an oven version. The hardest part was finding the right pan and this one works great. It's called, USA Pan™ 6-Well Mini Round Cake Pan. It has a picture of large cinnamon rolls on the front advertising and I bought it a Bed, Bath & Beyond.
Prep Time: 10 minutes - Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Baked Egg CasseroleA guest sent me this recipe about 20 years ago. It most likely came from a Kraft cookbook but I have no idea. The old English cheese is so tasty. -- Karen Way, Pentwater Abbey
Prep Time: 15 minutes - Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Spinach Artichoke SouffleThe trick in getting this recipe right is to separate the Crescent Roll dough into rectangles and not into triangles.
Cook Time: 25-30 Minutes
- Brunch EggsServed at Bellaire Bed and Breakfast.
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Apple-Bacon Egg BakeWhen you enjoy this dish at Wind in the Pines, innkeepers Marion and Deitmar Stollenwerk are sure to acknowledge the former innkeepers from whom they inherited the recipe.
- Ham and Cheese QuicheMen love pies...fruit pies, pot pies and quiche because it has pie crust too! The cottage cheese and ham in this quiche makes it a hearty favorite. At Prairieside Suites Luxury B&B, we often have guests that have made the choice to eat gluten-free. This is not a problem because we use this recipe to make a delicious crustless quiche.
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Spinach and Shallot Crustless QuicheAt Cobblestone Manor, we serve this fluffy, rich, delicious entree with mini-muffins (often cranberry orange muffins) and a breakfast meat such as bacon or sausage links and an assortment of lovely fresh fruits cut up on the side of the plate. The recipe is requested very regularly and we rarely have leftovers of the entree on the plates.
Cook Time: One hour
- Crazy Benedicts with Cheese SauceThe innkeepers and new owners (as of late 2012) of Wind in the Pines can't wait to serve this recipe bequeathed to them by former innkeepers Cindee and Chuck McLaughlin.
- Zesty Hot Sausage, Cheese and Crescent Roll Egg DishThis savory treat is an all-in-one breakfast dish. Guests of Canterbury Chateau enjoy it so much they want to know how it's made. Now you know too.
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: Up to 25 minutes including rest time
- Spinach Egg Bake with PinenutsA favorite at Antiquities' Wellington Inn
Cook Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- Egg-ChiladasAs served at the Inn at Orchard Road
- Crustless QuicheAnother of Saravilla's recipes which Linda says "always gets compliments." It can be adapted easily, leaving out meat, changing the vegetable or the cheese. It doesn't take long to prepare and always looks nice on leafy lettuce with a grape tomato garnish. Leftover reheats well. It can be baked, cooled and frozen for future use.
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: bake at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes
- Tofu Breakfast BurritosHere's a vegetarian, gluten-free dish served at Arcadia House.
- Tomato and Onion QuicheA delicious VEGETARIAN quiche or use as your main entree' and serve a meat on the side.
Prep Time: 30 minutes - Cook Time: 40-60 minutes
- Herbed Brie Scrambled EggsA quick and easy way to put a little something special into your breakfast. I like to serve this with buttermilk biscuits. -- Linda Gamble, Big Bay Point Lighthouse B&B
- German Baked EggsThis egg dish is our number-one most-requested dish at Candlewyck House.
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes at 375 degrees
- Wyoming Breakfast SkilletWe needed a savory gluten-free recipe for one guest and an "I-don't-want-to-see-an-egg"entree for another guest. Fortunately it was summer, and the farmer's market had an abundance of fresh veggies and some cute little redskin and white potatoes. We named the dish in honor of a couple from Wyoming, where he was with the Air National Guard
Prep Time: 15 minutes in advance plus chopping time for veggies - Cook Time: Approx. one hour
- Cheesy Scrambled EggsThese scrambled eggs go especially well with our Blueberry German Pancakes, under "Sweet Mornings."
- Sausage and Cheese Omelet BakeServed at Frankenmuth Bed and Breakfast, also known as Bender Haus.
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Brian's Tomato Pesto QuicheWe often serve this with brown sugar bacon, fresh fruit and muffins. -- Brian Lillie of Chateau Chantal
- Southwest Sausage BakeA delicious egg dish with a "southwest" flair.
Prep Time: 30 minutes - Cook Time: 50-60 minutes
- Garden Fresh Italian FrittataMy very favorite way to make any variety of garden fresh frittata, is to slip out to the garden before breakfast and pick your veggies and herbs just before you start to cook. You can check to see if any of the hens are up early laying already, down in the chicken coop, but you will probably have to use the eggs you gathered the evening before. The amounts of vegetables and herbs used are flexible, according to taste or availability, and it's easy to substitute one vegetable for another. I make frittatas based on what is ripe or on hand, what looks good at the market or on the whim of my mood! The variations are endless.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes - Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Egg and Cheese Souffle CasseroleThis is the signature breakfast entree at Sand Castle Inn. Many returning guests request this dish. We always have copies of the recipe ready to hand out after breakfast.
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: 1 hour
- Crustless Spinach QuicheThis is a great recipe for making the afternoon before and refrigerating overnight. -- Frankenmuth Bed and Breakfast (Bender Haus)
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Sausage QuicheI have made this basic recipe with many different variations. Guests of A Dove Nest B&B love this quiche and have asked for the recipe many times.
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
- Egg-Chilada CasseroleServed at Glen Arbor Bed and Breakfast
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Bacon, Egg & Cheese RingAt Prairieside Suites Luxury B&B our guests love lingering over conversation at breakfast each morning. This crescent ring looks impressive, tastes delicious and is amazingly easy to make. Delight your family or friends with fun conversation over a toasty warm breakfast at your home this weekend.
Prep Time: 30 Minutes - Cook Time: 20-25 Minutes
- Southwestern Breakfast CasseroleSue the Original Siren of Sherwood, created this dish a few years back after we took a trip out to the Great Southwest and hiked the Grand Canyon.
- Oven Breakfast OmeletThis is the one casserole I have been making for over 30 years and every bit of it gets eaten every time. -- Bev Bender, Frankenmuth Bed and Breakfast
Cook Time: 30 - 40 minutes
- Kalamazoo House Cajun Corned Beef HashThis savory dish has quickly become a favorite at the Kalamazoo House! Terry says he puts some "giddy-up" in it, and our guests agree. This is NOT your grandfather's corned beef hash.
- Overnight Egg BrunchThis recipe is a common one but one that brings back memories of my mother and a special breakfast at Easter. -- Presque Isle Lodge
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: 1 hour
- Italian Breakfast CasseroleFrom Antiquities Wellington Inn
- Italian Pasta FrittataKnock them out with this one. -- Glen Arbor Bed and Breakfast
Cook Time: One hour
- Bagel Strata w/ Sausage & Spring VegetablesThis is one of our guest favorites as Linda has successfully combined key breakfast elements into one savory dish. Great for serving 6 to 12 people.
Prep Time: 30 minutes - Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Wild Mushroom and Gruyere QuicheAnother favorite at Historic Webster House
Cook Time: 30-45 minutes
- Pumpkin PancakesPumpkin and spices make these pancakes fluffy and packed with flavor.
Cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger make this filling pancake a favorite all year long.
- Royal Eggs and CheeseThis recipe originated from a Mennonite cookbook called "More with Less," and we've developed it over the years to what it is today, without a doubt a guest and staff favorite year-round.
- Mexican GrilleA spicy/sweet grilled sandwich good for breakfast,lunch or dinner. Change the cheese or use another salsa to make it your own style.
Prep Time: 1 hour - Cook Time: 1 hour
- Herbed Baked EggsNew owners of Wind in the Pines inherited this recipe from former innkeeper Chuck McLaughlin.
- Innkeeper's Egg and Bacon CasseroleServed at Gingko Tree Inn
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Mexican Tortilla BakeThis recipe smells and tastes amazing. It's often requested from our repeat guests and as an innkeeper I appreciate that I can serve it to guests who don't eat pork and guests that are gluten free. This recipe makes 16 servings.
Prep Time: 25 minutes - Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Savory Egg & Hash Brown BakeThis dish is unique in the "breakfast casserole" world because it does not include bread. It's a hearty, country breakfast with a pretty presentation of color. -- Hexagon House
Prep Time: 25 minutes - Cook Time: 60 minutes total
- Omelette SandwichAt The Adrounie House, this favorite recipe is a yummy omelette sandwich which is oven-baked. Prepare the night before and stick in the oven in the morning.
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes - Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
- Potato Rosemary Garlic Fontina Cheese StrataA wonderful amalgamation of local potatoes, fresh rosemary, garlic and fontina cheese assembled the night before that is fantastic for serving larger groups of guests and friends. We continue the Italian theme by serving a first course of grapes marinated in grappa or local wine served in a grape juice thinned marscapone cheese sauce. The main entree is garnished by salad tossed with a strawberry basil vinaigrette made with local Food for Thought Jam; and local Pleva meat cherry pecan sausage
Prep Time: 1 1/2 hours - Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours
- Crepes du NordHomemade Crepe filled with scrambed eggs and sauteed green onions, wild mushrooms, a seven grain wild rice; then topped with an herb de Provence cream sauce. Accompanied by seasonal vegetables (aparagus spears in spring and summer, and roasted root vegetables in winter) and canadian bacon. The recipe is original by the Grey Hare Inn owners but styled a bit after a wild rice scrambled egg dish from Minnestota when they lived and innsat for others there.
Prep Time: 1 hour - Cook Time: 10 - 30 minutes
- Egg and Fresh Italian Sausage BakeUsing fresh Italian sausage from the local farmers adds a lot of flavor. This is a great bake when you have a large number of guests to feed. -- Jitka Nelson, Dove Nest B&B, St. Joseph
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Hash Brown Bacon and Egg CupsThis gluten-free dish is served at Albion Heritage Bed and Breakfast. If you like your bacon crispy, pre-cook bacon till half-done.
Prep Time: 5 minutes - Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Sausage Souffle'This is an old family favorite served at Seymour House We like it so much as you prepare it the night before, such as on Christmas Eve, and pop it in the oven Christmas morning. It bakes while you are opening presents and enjoying each other!
Prep Time: 45 minutes - Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
- Eggs CarbonaraBacon lovers, take note. Guests at Arcadia House like this tasty gluten-free dish whose recipe comes from an inn in California by way of epicurious.com.