Recipes - Breakfast Extras
Home > Recipes > Breakfast Extras
- Apple ButterThis recipe came with my first blender in a booklet called the "Waring Cookbook for the 8 Push-Button Blender." I use whatever apples I have on hand. -- Judy Butler, Butler Bed and Breakfast
Cook Time: About 45 minutes
- Frozen Fruit 'N Cream
- Fruit SmoothieEach day at Candlewyck House, we serve a large bowl of fresh fruit with our breakfast. Whenever we have fruit left over, I freeze it in plastic sandwich bags and save until a morning when I have only a couple of guests for breakfast. Then, instead of fresh fruit, I make them a smoothie.
- Blueberry SyrupI love to experiment with new dishes to try at Candlewyck House. But in this case, I developed a recipe for my friend Karen Way's baked pancakes. Karen is innkeeper of our neighbor, Pentwater Abbey B&B.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Kalamazoo House Fruit Pizza For Breakfast!Who wouldn't love this decadent fruit course? Just imagine a sugar cookie crust and a sweet cream cheese frosting topped with yummy fresh fruit. One recent guest remarked "Dessert first is always a good idea!" and then she polished it off. We've also used this dish when we have a High Tea. Very delicious and beautiful too.
- Brook's Blueberry SyrupBrook is a French countryside siren, a very articulate woman whose cooking modus operandi operates with sublime yet effortless grace. She came to us during blueberry season with this amazing syrup, which we serve with our Cinnamon-Orange French Toast.
- Very Berry Yogurt Cream ParfaitsThese parfaits are a favorite with guests and there are endless possibilities, as multiple combinations of fruit make them both beautiful and tasty. Strawberry/blueberry is a pretty patriotic combination, peach/berry with blueberries, raspberries or strawberries is delicious, black and blue parfaits (blackberries and blueberries) are fun, kiwi/grape look great for St Patrick's Day and Cherry/Berry are very Valentiney. And the yogurt cream layers--one guest once exclaimed "it's like eating a cloud!"
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Overnight Steel Cut OatsServed at Kingsley House Bed and Breakfast, this oatmeal dish incorporates apples.
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: Easy overnight in your crock pot
- Homemade GranolaGuests of Sand Castle Inn love this with yogurt or to put on top of cold cereal. It is great with baked oatmeal.
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Strawberry-Rhubarb JamThis is the only jam we serve at Prairieside Suites Luxury B&B. It is the quickest, easiest and tastiest jam you'll ever make. I love this recipe because it can be made with sugar-free Jell-O and Splenda so our diabetic and dieting guests can enjoy a treat right along with everyone else.
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Baked Oatmeal with Fruit and NutsThis vegan recipe served at Arcadia House can be substantially prepared the night before, keeping the wet and dry ingredients separate until time to bake.
- Christmas in July Fruit CupWe discovered this recipe from a local grocery store tasting sample. -- Presque Isle Lodge
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Creamy Chocolate Pudding From Dove Nest Bed and Breakfast in the Beach Town of St. Joseph: A combination of bittersweet chocolate and cocoa powder gives this pudding rich flavor and a creamy, satiny texture to be enjoyed with every spoonful. Top with whipped cream and an edible flower or mint leaves. Tastes great! Jitka Nelson